Annual Teal Power Run & Walk Puts Focus on Ovarian Cancer During Gynecology Cancer Awareness Month
OHC is proud to again be a sponsor of the upcoming 10th Annual Teal Power 5K Run & Walk, Sat., Sept. 17 at Summit Park in Blue Ash, Ohio. Registration and festivities start at 8:30 am. Please stop by the OHC booth to pick up helpful information and meet one of our gynecology oncology experts, Sarah Wilson, MSN, APRN.
The Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Greater Cincinnati (OCAGC) is a non-profit ovarian cancer resource organization whose mission is to create public awareness of the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer; to provide support, resources, and education to ovarian cancer survivors and caregivers; and to fund research focused on early detection and a cure.
Ovarian Cancer is the deadliest of all gynecologic cancers and the fifth leading cause of cancer deaths among American women.
- A woman’s lifetime risk of developing invasive ovarian cancer is 1 in 71
- More than 21,000 American and 239,000 women worldwide will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer this year
- More than 150,000 deaths worldwide are expected to be caused by ovarian cancer this year
For years, women have known that ovarian cancer was not the silent killer it was said to be. Over the past decade, science has confirmed what women have long known: ovarian cancer has symptoms.
- Pelvic or abdominal pain
- Difficulty eating or feeling full quickly
- Urinary symptoms (urgency or frequency)
To register for the walk and, or learn more about OCAGC, please go to their web site, www.TealPower.org. To learn more about OHC and their gynecology oncology specialists, please visit ohcare.com.