OHC Welcomes The Community Resource Center of Hope – For Those Touched By Cancer to the Eastgate Center
OHC, the region’s leader in the treatment of cancer and blood disorders, has a wonderful new neighbor at its Eastgate location: The Community Resource Center of Hope – For Those Touched by Cancer.
“This is a unique offering in that it provides patients, their families, caregivers, and members of the community with easy access to services that can assist in the healing process,” said Benjamin T. Herms, MD, OHC medical oncologist and hematologist at OHC’s new Eastgate office.
When you receive a cancer diagnosis, it changes all aspects of your life. At OHC, our doctors and staff provide you with the latest leading-edge treatments, some of which are available only through OHC, and the newest, most promising treatments available through OHC clinical trials.
“The perfect complement to our Cancer Center of Excellence is the range of services provided by the organizations who are supporting The Community Resource Center of Hope – For Those Touched by Cancer,” Dr. Herms added.
Services including support groups, individual support, spiritual support, nutritional classes, a wig salon, accessories and more are being provided by American Cancer Society, Cancer Family Care, Cancer Support Community, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Pink Ribbon Girls, Mercy Health Pastoral Ministry and others. Some of the Center’s highlights include:
Cancer Family Care, 513-731-3346, www.cancerfamilycare.org
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Treehouse Children’s Services
- Waddell Family Healing Hands Program that provides a wig salon, massage therapy, and healing touch free for patients and a reduced rate for caregivers.
- Coping Connection support via a telephone hotline, email and community outreach.
Cancer Support Community, 513-791-4060, www.mycancersupportcommunity.org
- Introduction to Cancer Support Community services
- Cooking for Wellness class using cancer-fighting foods in smoothies
- Cancer Network Support Groups
- Healthy-Steps: Lebed Method class which has even been proven to help enhance the well-being of those with cancer
- Distress screening for patients and caregivers
- Gentle Yoga class
- Social Events
Mercy Health, 513-624-1805
- Outpatient Spiritual Care Services
- Advance Care Planning class in partnership with Cancer Support Community to ensure patients’ preferences are known
- Cancer & Spirituality class in partnership with Cancer Support Community discussed in a safe, supportive environment
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance, 513-253-0012, www.cincyovariancancer.org
Woman-to-Woman pairs women who’ve recently been diagnosed gynecologic cancers with trained, survivor volunteers who provide one-on-one emotional support and mentoring.
OHC encourages everyone to visit The Community Resource Center of Hope – For Those Touched By Cancer and take advantage of this expansive source of educational information and support programs and services. The Center is located in the Mercy Health Eastgate Center, 601 Ivy Gateway, Suite 1200, 45245, and is open Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5pm. For more information, contact one of the organizations listed above.