Here’s One Way to Help a Cancer Patient
Are you looking for some way to help a friend or family member who is getting chemotherapy? Consider making a gift bag for chemo patients. Our friends Karen Herzog and Pat West for Teal Loving Care recently donated 65 gift bags to patients at our OHC Blue Ash office. They say if you buy the items at a Dollar-type store, it will cost about $10 per bag.
Here’s what they include in their bags:
- Lip balm
- Travel-size lotion
- Travel-size packets of tissues
- Ginger candy (helps with nausea)
- Hard candy (peppermint, butterscotch, lemon, caramel help with the bad taste in your mouth)
- Protein bar
- Crossword or word search puzzle book
- Adult coloring book
- Colored pencils
- Socks – cute pictures, soft and fuzzy
- Lemon ginger tea bag
- An encouraging note
- Hand sanitizer
And they have the bags decorated by volunteers!
Feature Photo: Pat West and Karen Herzog with the team at the OHC Blue Ash office.