Cancer Treatment Advances: A Year In Review – OHC
We have seen significant progress in how cancer is treated this last year. Individualized and personalized therapy has revolutionized the treatment plan for many cancer types.
- Nivolumab, a new immunotherapy drug used to treat advanced non-squamous, non small-cell lung cancer, was approved ahead of schedule by the FDA this year as a result of the significant data collected by our OHC patients enrolled in this trial as well as national data.
- Immunotherapy agents are becoming a regular staple in our Phase 1 research clinical trial program including agents for metastatic breast cancer.
- A robust phase 1-3 clinical research program is now part of the Blood Cancer Center affording patients an enhanced clinical trial menu which allows patients to be treated close to home with cutting-edge therapies.
- OHC is a nationally accredited oncology medical home and partnering with insurers Humana, United Health Care and Aetna to provide valued based care to the communities we serve.
- OHC welcomes the opportunity to collaborate with all providers in the Tri-state community.
As the year ends, we reflect on our accomplishments, are mindful of the work yet to be done, and are thankful for the opportunity to work with you in the care of your patients. We wish you and your family a warm and healthy New Year.
Randy Broun, M.D.