Eggplant Pizza Recipe
The eggplant, artichokes, and tomatoes in this yummy dish are loaded with cancer-fighting nutrients and count toward our five daily services of fruit and vegetables. Cut into small pieces to serve as an appetizer or use as a delicious entrée. Serves eight people.
To avoid the bitter taste of eggplant, salt both sides of the slices, let stand for 30 minutes, then rinse well in cool water. Pat the slices dry and use according to the below recipe.
1/2 package frozen bread dough, thawed
1/4 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium eggplant, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch slices and grilled until browned
8 Roma tomatoes, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
1/2 cup artichoke hearts
1 tablespoon black olives, chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Press bread dough onto pizza pan or cookie sheet, forming a crust. Rub dough lightly with olive oil.
3) Top crust with eggplant, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and olives.
4) Sprinkle with garlic salt, basil, Parmesan, and mozzarella cheese.
5) Bake 15 to 20 minutes on middle rack of oven until cheese is bubbling and crust is lightly browned.
Recipe courtesy of American Institute for Cancer Research.