The following cancer support groups are provided here only as a potential resource for you and your family.
American Cancer Society
The local chapter of this non-profit group provides information on all types of cancer, cancer research, therapy, support groups, and local community resources for cancer patients and their families.
NEW! Lyft is now offering free rides to Cincinnati’s cancer patients. There are rules and limitations. To set up an account or for more information, call the American Cancer Society at 1-800-227-2345. OHC called the American Cancer Society (ACS) and received this information:
- Cancer patients on treatment must call ACS to set up account.
- Not every zip code has access to Lyft drivers, so ACS will check the patient’s zip code.
- They request at least 24 hour notice. Patients must call before 5pm for a next day ride.
- There is a limited dollar amount per patient, per year. The person we spoke with was unsure of the limit.
- They won’t be able to do same day rides for urgent visit.
2808 Reading Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45206
*The patient service center is available 24/7/365.
297 Buttermilk Pike
Fort Mitchell, KY 41017
4567 Progress Drive
Columbus, IN 47201
Free professional support for anyone affected by cancer. CancerCare programs include counseling over the phone by professional oncology (cancer) social workers.
275 Seventh Avenue, Floor 22
New York, NY 10001